Friday, March 20, 2015

About This Blog

The last two years have been a discovery process for me. I was serving as an LDS missionary when my mission president helped me to realize that I struggle with mental illness. After returning home, I started school again. In my Home and Family Management class, I was assigned to do a research paper and presentation on the topic of fatigue. My research led me to study Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, a serious physical and psychological illness that is still not very well understood. As part of this assignment, we were asked to do a "Practitioner Project" where we somehow put into practice what we learned and hopefully help others in the process. Throughout my struggle with mental illness, I have felt a strong desire to help increase awareness and get rid of the stigmas attached to it. Thus, I created this blog. I hope to share my story, explain a few mental illnesses, and include insights from modern prophets and apostles. If you feel comfortable sharing your experience with mental illness, please send me a message in the comments box and I will post it on the blog too. The idea is to get the word out so feel free to share this blog with those who you think could benefit from it. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of blog that shares various experiences! I will try to type mine out sometime.

    ReplyDelete